A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of English was upgraded to Post Graduate studies in 1950.Professors with high quality and erudition enriched the Department of English from its initiation. The Department had had great teachers as N L Moitra, Dr. H S Sharma, G S Mudgil, N K Mehra, Dr. R C Shukla and Dr Sushma Sharma. At present, the Department of English is headed by Dr Subham Chatterjee( Associate professor). Dr Jyoti Gupta (Astt. Prof.) is the other faculty member of the Department of English. The Department is taking a new initiative to start Spoken English Tutorial classes for all the students of the college. Seminars and symposiums are timely arranged by the Department and an initiative is taken already to conduct a seminar tentatively in December.